Hi goat breeders and potential goat breeders. I am passionate about Boer goats because they are such beautiful animals and also because they are such great fun and so interesting. I have been breeding goats for about 30 years, first breeding Angoras, and then the Boers. But I really love the Boers. While 30 years sounds a long time to be breeding goats, the longer I breed them the more I realise I know very little about goats. I think parasite control is probably the most difficult issue to manage. The easiest thing about them is they just seem to like humans and like to hang around and show affection. What do others think are the easiest and hardest issues in managing their goats.
Carole Axton, passionate Boer goat breeder. I like handling Boer goats, I like writing about them, and I like talking to goat breeders about goats.
- What's new about Boers. Includes "The goat keepers diary".
- Nepal goat exports from Australia.
- "Goat keepers diary" 2013 entries
- "Goat keeper's diary" 2012 entries
- Recent Stud activities
- Information and husbandry
- Buck Sires
- Semen available
- Does breeding & shows
- Boer Goats For Sale
- Survey Page
- Cadenza Blog
- For the serious goat breeder
- Other sources of information